Clare has a truly lovely blog herself, full of strength and elegance and illustrated beautifully with paintings and photographs. I’m delighted that she chose mine among the blogs she nominated!
As I understand it, I am to share seven things about myself, and then nominate 15 other blogs to receive the Lovely Blog award. I may fall short in number on the second count (I don’t have time to follow many), but we’ll see.
First, about me:
- My favorite answer is “yes, and no.”
- These days I am striving to live beyond labels — I am beginning to suspect there are many labels I remain bound by but don’t (yet?) know it.
- I don’t know what I think about God.
- I have very strong opinions about religion.
- My beloved surprised me when she showed up (finally!) in my life — she was a woman!
- I love to organize… and I have the perfect job because it involves organizing someone else. Frankly, I’m way better at that than I am at organizing myself.
- On my dorm room door 20 years ago: James Honeyman Scott’s obituary, and a Nietzsche quote, “Without music, life would be a mistake.”
There you have it.
The better half of the homework for this award, the List of other Lovely Blogs, to follow!